View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
rubin
czytała Krystyna Czubówna

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
The worst of all of them is Archeops. Defeatist basically makes a great looking attacker turn into a hit and run machine, plus it's awful defences basically makes it impossible to do anything to fast and powerful opponents (very common in-game).
Unless you're playing at at least 10 level disadvantage, it's nearly impossible to not kill everything in your path with the combo of itemless Acrobatics and Rock Slide. Even if for some reason the opponent will live the onslaught and activate your Defeatist, it's not like you're in Wi-Fi battle, the Potions are here at your disposal.

The only thing fast and powerful enough to kill Archeops in-game before it tries to attack is Zebstrika IIRC. Seeing as the difference in Base Speed is a measly 6 points, it will be impossible for you to not outspeed the zebra and defeat it with, say, Dig. (unless you're at enourmous level disadvantage or rolled some terrible nature and IVs)

But, different strokes for different folks. I personally had a lot of troubles playing with Darumaka, which is supposed to be one of the best in-game Pokemon in BW (ended up boxing the thing lol), so in some way I can understand your view of Archeops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
They look useful because they're all you can use. In the metagame, however, you'll find most of them lurking in NU with the exception of obviously broken Pokémon like Excadrill.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.
So? If I've read his post correctly all he talked about was in-game, so his point is very much valid.