Thread: Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Some Trainers should be able to heal. However, EVERY Trainer should not be able to heal. Keep in mind some Pokémon can heal themselves, too, but don't make that the determining factor for who should be able to heal. As I noted earlier, if I bring up a Fire type against a Chikorita and roast it with a super-effective move, the Trainer skipping a turn will simply cause an identical effect on that second turn after I roast it again. There is nothing gained and it's a waste of a bunch of PP if every Trainer is able to do it. There's no challenge, just annoyance.

Perhaps I can give the hack a playing when taking breaks from Emerald (hey, I have to grow some Berries after all) and I might be able to give you some guidance on where healing would be an interesting challenge or otherwise makes sense.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.