View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Lincoln West
Drowzee

Nature: Relaxed
Malcolm & Lincoln West
Father and son sat at the breakfast table in their expanded teachers accommodation, animatedly talking about their previous day over breakfast. Most of the discussion was regarding Lincoln's exploits - his first real battles. His first losses and victories, one particular student and his misbehaving Quilava,his first captured pokemon. Their pokemon were all released and scattered throughout the room, either eating breakfast or chatting to each other, with a lot of attention being given to the new addition. Siege the Geodude.

"He certainly seems lively," commented Malcolm. "Can't be too far from evolving, I think. Jackson seems quite close too."
"Reckon?"
"Absolutely. Have you given any thoughts to how you'll deal with their evolution? A pokemons personality can change dramatically once it's evolved."
"I dunno, really. I mean, I hope that doesn't really happen, y'know? But, like, I still want them to evolve. I guess I can't, like, plan for that. Just gotta take it as it comes, y'know?"
"I suppose so. But if you think you're up for it, a gym badge may not be a terrible idea. It's a sign of your ability that evolved pokemon often acknowledge."
"Pops, come on!" Linc laughed. "We're on an island, like, miles away from the nearest Gym!"
"True," his father nodded. "But there are an awful lot of Gym Leaders here as teachers or consultant staff. I'm sure many of them still accept challenges."
"Oh... I never thought of that."
"Well, how about this. You come back to me either when you've got a gym badge, or when both Siege and Jackson have evolved, and we'll talk about getting you your next pokemon. How does that sound?"
Lincoln nodded reluctantly. "Yeah, that's alright, I guess."
"Excellent. Then let's get our day started!"

Nika Valentine

Nika snored once, loud and sharp, almost waking herself up and causing her to roll over in her sleep to get away from the sound. Her short blonde hair, usually so immaculate, was a tangled mess. She threw one arm out across the bed to try and get more comfortable, her hand striking something... prickly. The sharp sensation immediately woke her up, her eyes snapping open as she snatched her hand back, grumpily searching for the offending item.

Sitting on her bedside table was a very small, very blue... spiked... thing... with eyes. Her eyes going even wider Nika leaped out of bed and pressed herself against the far wall in one, uncharacteristically, smooth movement. What the hell was that thing? How had it gotten into her room?

"Pi." It squeaked at her, causing her to jump a little. It had to be a pokemon, but where had it come from? By her right foot was her bag, so she slowly began to lean towards it without disturbing whatever the thing was. It watched her quizzically as she reached into the bag and pulled out her pokedex, flipping it open and setting it to scan the creature.

"Pineco. The Bagworm Pokemon. Bug Type. It looks just like a pinecone. Its shell protects it from bird pokemon that peck it by mistake. If it is disturbed it can explode suddenly and without warning."

Nika, now terrified of possible explosions, quietly deposited the pokedex back in her bag and swallowed. "...Hello there... Pineco. I'm Nika." Slowly she started to move around the bed, getting closer to Pineco. "Don't explode. I prefer to not be exploded as a matter of course."

She had to try and befriend it, otherwise she was never going to be able to handle this situation without her dorm room being completely destroyed. As she moved around the room she saw her egg case, lying on its side on the floor, its precious cargo missing. Her egg! It was gone! This Pineco must have done something to the e-...

...Oh. Well didn't she feel stupid.

Jackson (Male Shieldon) Lvl 24: Toxic, Sandstorm, Protect, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dig
Ability: Sturdy

Bixi (Female Tirtouga) Lvl 24: Crunch, Aqua Tail, Sandstorm, Ice Beam, Stone Edge, Iron Defense
Ability: Solid Rock

Siege (Male Geodude) Lvl 22: Defense Curl, Attract, Rock Polish, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Roll Out
Ability: Rock Head