View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Penance 'Defender' Malum

Penance made sure to awake early and stretch and meditate his mind. He had participated in big events like this before, like with the ambush. There was a question burning in his mind, but now wasn't the time to ask. He knew exactly when he could pose the question. He was awake early in the morning so he took the time to rub his bracelet as much as he needed. Whatever would happen today, he would make sure luck would be with him and his brothers and sisters. For the rest of the time he just took in calming breaths and made sure to think of everything that could go wrong and would happen. He had to make sure that they would always be safe.

The others awoke and they headed into the sewers and they split up. Penance just stayed silent as the others went off and he gave a quick glance over the map and pointed forward, "Just follow me Vigil." He said as he headed off. The tunnels were dripping with moisture and the dirty water down below sloshed against the walls. Almost like home, Penance thought to himself.

He walked a bit more before he spoke. "What was Guardia lying to me about Vigil?" He asked as he continued walking. "I have spent a lot of time with liars Vigil. Spent a good chunk of my growing up with them. I know how to tell the signs. How hesitant you were when you were trying to tell me. If the ambush did go off without any accidents then you would have been overjoyed to tell me. You were not, you were trying to break something to me. The way Noctus was hesitant with his speech when he was talking after Lyn was more than enough to show that he had no idea what he was talking about and was gathering his thoughts to tell more lies. Truestriker flinched when I mentioned Dark Lightning indicating that any subject dealing with him is rather touchy and sensitive. The way you were talking about any other pokemon waiting for us down here and how Noctus glanced at me in that one second."

He stopped in his tracks. "One, you all are extremely horrible liars. Two, something happened back there at the ambush when I blacked out, something with Dark Ligtening. I could try guessing, but I'll assume things went rather sour."

He turned around and faced Vigil and stared him dead in the eye. "I won't grill you for information right now. We have too important a task to face and I won't let any distractions get in our way, but know this. After all of this is finished, after the battle is over. If we are still alive, I will find out exactly what was kept from me. I will either do it the easy way or the hard way. When I find out and once I have heard the truth, you may find one more Golduck traveling with the army instead of you."

With that he turned around and continued walking. "We take a left and then right ." He said as he disappeared around the corner.