View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Spinosaurus

New avatar shows that I am officially hyped for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
The anime adaptation is pretty good, honestly, but it's nothing compared to the experience of the game. That said, if getting the game is an option (be it the original PS2 version or even the soon-to-be-localized Vita remake), do so, but there's no reason not to check out the anime adaptation.
Since Persona 3 characters are featured as well (namely Aigis, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Elizabeth), I also recommend getting Persona 3 FES from the PlayStation 2 Classics on the PSN ($10, which is honestly a serious bargain since a physical copy of Persona 4, new or used, STILL goes for $40, and Persona 3 Portable is $20 on the digital store right now).
Yeah, I'll watch the anime. I don't have a vita and I'm not interested in it, and I'm leaving my PS2 to collect dust until I feel I have a very good reason to boot it up again. I'm not really a fan of JRPGs, but I'll give Persona 3 a look. Is it a long game like most JRPGs or actually not too time consuming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
As for Shadow Labrys, most of the damage comes from simultaneous attacks in her strategy (and Asterios can act as a defense, too). It's not difficult to manage both her and Asterios at once knowing their attacks can be synchronized well. If you don't end up using Personas much (as in relying on regular attacks), the experience is really not much different from using the real Labrys.

I can't say much more about Elizabeth, though, since I don't have as much experience with her as my own character (as I'm not a Persona-centric player; she doesn't fit me too well), but I can guarantee Thanatos will dish out serious damage.
It's not that playing technically two character at the same time is the problem, but more of my lack of interest in using a mix-up heavy but low damage output character at the moment. I actually like playing two characters simultaneously if it's executed right, but S.Lab just doesn't interests me much. I'll still try her just for the sake of it.

Regarding Personas, I don't really have a real opinion towards them, and will reserve judgment until I try the game out. If I see myself liking them I might end up using Elizabeth a lot, but it'll depend entirely on my experience with them.