View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2012 (03:19 PM).
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by mrjimi16:
Well shoot. I had hoped to avoid having to use variables because this is for the name of the starter and I have 9 different potential starters. I know what I can do using certain specials and special2s, but that will be a lot of work that I'd rather not do. Is there another kind of string-saving function in the game?
My hack also has more than the usual three starters, and I approached it this way: Store the species number in a variable. Then, use bufferpokemon 0x0 0xVAR_NUMBER, with var_number being the variable holding the species number. This doesn't preserve nicknames, of course...there's always a way, and you'll probably have to do alot of work. I have an idea about storing the nickname to five variables, if necessary, so try working from that.

Quote originally posted by Ach7AC:
Quick questions, all for FireRed:
Anyone know how to add over 8 badges in the game? Such as how Wesley and LaZ added two full regions in their hacks? I've been trying to do it via attempting to set several flags, but so far, I've had no luck.
Another one. How exactly do I set the battle theme for each character? And if I try to set another trainer as a gym leader via AT, their music remains the same. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advanced!
I believe that they simply use eight more flags then the usual, to dictate the eight new badges. They aren't displayed on the trainer card, though, unless you do a little ASM.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...