View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM
mrjimi16
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
I've had this issue before, there's really only one reliable way to solve it. Simply give them new scripts, and the problem should go away. I'm not really an expert on this, but my guess is that the text put in is larger than the old amount was, so it pours over into other data (aka the other person's text). As I said, I'm not an expert on this though.

Anyways, I've got a question. Does anybody know where the script offset is for the first rival battle in Firered? I've actually deleted all the map scripts in Oak's Lab in my hack, but when I get the first pokemon and leave, the battle still happens.
You don't quite have to give them new scripts; if you want to save as much space as possible, just figuring out where to put the new offset for one of the scripts in fine, just make sure that it isn't the one that is overwritten. The issue is that you put two scripts in too little space and they overlapped. Just find a bigger space.

In answer to your question, the script is located at 0x1692F3. The weird bit about the script is that there is no checkflag or compare variable to keep it from starting after being started. Not that I have looked at it in depth nor the scripts around it all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannery Lue View Post
Hello there. I am new to Pokemon ROM hacking in general.
I found a Pokemon Emerald ROM from media fire, as well as Advanced Maps, and a few other tools. I spent roughly four days messing around in Advanced Maps, and PET, just to see if I could teach myself. I ended up reading "diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial" and learned a lot more than I even knew there was to learn about ROM hacking.

My question is this:

I want to "recreate" Pokemon Emerald, and add all of the regions, including the Sinnoh region. I am revamping all of the cities to make them look closer to how they did in the anime. (or as close as I can with 8-Bit Graphics Lmao.. )

I am stuck on one of the gym battle scripts. I created it in "XSE" then I compiled it in Pokerscript, and burned it to the ROM. I set the script offset to the proper Hex, and it still seems not to work. Here is my script, hopefully someone can tell me were I messed up:
Spoiler:

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE78C
0x1 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF0DC 0x81FF233 0x81FE7C1

0x1 0x81FE864

0x0 0x81FE81D
msgbox 0x81FF546 '"Your power reminds me of someone[.]..."

0x2F67026C

'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE7C1
0x81FF32F '"[player] received the HEAT BADGE\nf..."
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE864
0x7 0x10C 0x0 0x81FF601 0x81FF69F 0x81FF75E
'-----------------------
#org 0x1FE81D
giveitem 0x152 0x1 0x0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1FF0DC
= Welcome[.]Haven't I seen you somewere..?\pI guess it doesnt really matter. If you are here to battle,\nI hope you brought your A-Game, because I wont go down easy.\pI have beaten all of the gyms in the Kanto Region, and the Jhoto Region.[.]\nAlso, my Grandfather was Bruno in the Elite Four,\pSo you can see I have quite a reputation to keep.\nAre you ready...? Then lets go.\

#org 0x1FF233
= Oh wow...[.]\nYou are truly an outstanding TRAINER.[.]\p...I swear you look so familar. Do you live around here?[.]\nHaha.. I'm sorry for getting off topic.\pI haven't had a challenger at your skill level in a long time.\nI'm sure My Pokemon and I are out of pratcice from all the easy battles\pwe have been getting. Still, thats no excuse. So without\nfurther adieu here is the Heat Bage, along with my favourite\pTM; Overheat. Initially, Its a powerful Move, but after\nevery use, it cuts special attack.

#org 0x1FF546
= I still cant place were I have seen you...[.]\pMaybe one day I will figure it out.\nOh yah, your dad called me a few hours ago\pasking if you had passed through here.\nDon't look at me like that! Haha.. I'm sure he's just anxious to battle you.
#org 0x1FF32F
= [player] received the HEAT BADGE\nfrom FLANNERY.

#org 0x1FF601
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.

#org 0x1FF69F
= Whew!\nOn the verge of eruption!

#org 0x1FF75E
= FLANNERY: Losing a battle isn't going\nto deflate me.\pI love Pokemon.\nI love to battle.\lAnd[.] I love this Gym!\pI want to have have another shot at beating you.\nThis time, I might win. So dont be surprised when \pI'ts you who is giving me the prize money.\pOh, wait. You only have one Pokemon\nthat can battle?\pI hate to say this, but you need to at least\nbring two Pokemon.
Now I have never used Pokescript, so keep that in mind, but it looks like you left out all of the commands and are left with only the arguments for those missing commands. And why all of that empty space?

Last edited by mrjimi16; August 18th, 2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.