Thread: Research: Adding New Moves to Gen 3
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2012 (12:33 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2012 by timson733333.
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
You're not crazy. It wasn't there before. I added it because I noticed that PGE didn't like having a bunch of 0xFFs as the "data".

Same applies to the names.

The limiter is in a different location in Emerald, and may not use that string of hex commands. I believe Gamer2020 posted the location of that limiter a few posts after the first post. Check his post out.

You ARE correcting the offsets for Emerald, right? I just want to make sure you are, because all the pointers in my first post are for FR specifically.
Yep, I found the corresponding offsets in roms.ini. I saw Gamer2020's post and replaced the bytes, and it worked. Nothing seems to be wrong now (name input doesn't screw up the game, like my first attempt with FireRed did) but I'll post here if I encounter any further errors.

EDIT: I uploaded the .ips of the FireRed modification I did. The move table is expanded, but it always crashes at name selection. Test it, I really want to know what I'm doing wrong in FireRed because the expanded move table works flawlessly in Emerald.

Offsets I repointed to:

Attack names - 0x8DC410
Attack data - 0x723D80
Attack animations - 0x7F8F60

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube