Thread: [Gallery] Cirno's Drawing Pad
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Spoiler:
[/css-div][/css-div]

Looking at this one in particular. But speaking for all of them, I do think that they all do look great. I do like the overall technique of soft shading and it does make them look pretty nice. I might suggest adding in more colors though to bring out more form. It doesn't necessarily have to be deeper shades of colors, but more colors might actually help to bring out more form while retaining the style.

Now for this one. I like the understanding of perspective here, particularly the Jumpluffs. Though I think it should blur out the colors I do like how they are getting less detailed as they move back giving a sense of placement. The ocean does kind of lack the perspective though. I think you should try to find a way to make waves other then some lines and show that they are getting closer, as of now, there just is little perspective in that matter. The Background also does look a bit empty, I say work on the foreground first, then start drawing your Pokemon. I'm not sure of your process but a common mistake (that I use to make as well) is that people think you have to place background into the characters when it's actually place the characters into the background. You also have to realize that all the characters should be facing in a certain way to make some sort of interaction. Facing away from the canvas is a no no and will probably effect the overall impact in a bad way. You should also take into consideration that bubbles kind of reflect both light and refract certain objects, almost like little magnifying tools. Those are some things as far as my knowledge of Backgrounds go, I hope it helps out a bit.
DA Profile Poke-fanart mostly

Video game related top tens anyone?