Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Metal
View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2012 (04:46 PM).

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
UPDATE!
- 270 maps.
- 5 gyms complete!
- Introduced a new sidequest!
- I need to create only 2 more routes and 2 more cities to complete the whole world!
- More screenshots (WARNING: Some maps were so big that I had to view them at 1/4th of their size, so I resized them a bit in Paint.NET, so they look blurry. It's not like that in-game!)
- Updated the old sprites of gym leaders, with a huge help of Secret Raven!
- Updated the "Characters" section (Check it out, it's got all of the completed gym leaders, and the new rival!)

Okay, so first of all, in the new screenshots I've uploaded pictures of 3 cities. This is so that you can see that there are all kinds of cities in this game (Special, classical or modern).
Second, I decided to reveal how most of the cities got names - some of them are obvious, some aren't.
Spoiler:

Rainbow - Rainbow is a band formed by Ritchie Blackmore & Ronnie James Dio. One of my favorite bands.
Kashmir - Kashmir is a song by Led Zeppelin.
Thrill City - It's the home of gym leader Angus, who's based on Angus Young from AC/DC. Shoot to Thrill is a song by AC/DC.
Renota City - Home to gym leader David, who's based on David Coverdale from Whitesnake. David Coverdale currently resides in Reno, Nevada, near Lake Tahoe.
Orion City - Home to gym leader James, who's based on James Hetfield from Metallica. Metallica has a song called Orion.
Worksop City - Home to gym leader Bruce, based on Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden. He was born in a town called Worksop.

So, I added a new sidequest. A group of people called "The Stargazers". Many, many secrets are hidden within this one! More information... later