View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Back in my day, MissingNo. /was/ a legend! We talked about it alongside the Mew under the truck and the special super rare Pokemon Green!

...I have no idea what day that was, but yeah. o-o MissingNo. actually fits the only real requirement to be a legendary, namely having unique quirks no other Pokemon has. (If you think about it, being unique / unbreedable / one of a kind have all been broken before among legendaries, so that really is the only real consistency.)

And what is the legendary status but our perception of a Pokemon? If you ask me, MissingNo. is already a legendary, even if Nintendo doesn't officially acknowledge it. That being said, Olli97 makes a great point. Would you ever want to have it any other way? ;3

On a personal note, has anyone ever considered the implications of the Yamask -> Cofagrigus line? And I mean really taken it to heart and gave it some thought?

A brief quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamask
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofagrigus
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
Please consider that both Pokemon have the ability "Mummy", which changes the ability of Pokemon that physically attack them into Mummy when reading Cofagrigus pokedex entry.

Yamask's history applies to Cofagrigus as well.

Conclusion: Cofagrigus are fully sentient, undead humans that /eat/ other humans whole and alive and lay eggs that hatch into humans that have been turned into Yamask (see: turned into mummies).

...They're like coffin-shaped, horrifyingly lethal /Yoshis/... combined with /zombies/! I don't know. I find that absolutely terrifying as a concept. o_o