View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2012 (07:00 AM).
Dragon's Might

Nature: Relaxed
Second update. By the way guys, for these runs, I'd recommend training up 3 or 4 Pokemon to be much stronger than anything else at first, although You'll want 6 Pokemon for the E4. Why? There's a much less of a chance of you losing someone. Also, it's easier to grind 3 or 4 Pokemon than 6, so you'll have higher levels throughout the game until the E4. I did this strategy up until the E4 for Sapphire and Black up until the 8th gym, and it worked fairly well. Now, onto the update.

Spoiler:

- Grinded up Microsoft the Porygon2 and the rest of my Pokemon to match the levels of the Veilstone Gym.
- Wanted to catch a Houndour on Route 214, but Microsoft got a critical hit on a Rhyhorn.
- Got to Pastoria City, was lucky enough to catch a Skorupi in the Safari. Named her Scorpio, and proceeded to grind her up to level 33.
- Went into Veilstone Gym and started battling my way to Maylene. Jay the Staravia evolved into a Staraptor here.
- Beat Maylene. Jay took out her first few Pokemon with Aerial Ace, and Smash destroyed Lucario. An easy battle.
- Beat the Galactic Grunts in Veilstone, got Fly.
- Grinded up my team some more. Polaris the Prinplup evolved into an Empoleon. Scorpio died to a Luxio who decided he wanted to critical hit her. RIP, I always wanted a Drapion in a Nuzlocke run...
- After my grinding session and funeral, I was ready. I beat Barry so bad I'm not sure he knew what happened, then entered the gym.
- I swept Crasher Wake pretty badly. Porygon2 completely tanked Gyarados, and Polaris walled Floatzel and then wiped him out with a couple Grass Knots. Jay took on Quagsire without a problem.
- Destroyed the Grunt with the bomb, and proceeded to go to Celestic Town.
- Beat Cyrus at Celestic Town. I'm just going to say it - Empoleon is ridiculously good against nearly everything in this game. Oh, and I got Surf.
- Caught Sewage the Bronzor in the route next to Celestic. I knew I should've saved that route...
- Traveled to Iron Fuegoworks, and was lucky enough to get a Magmar with a neutral nature. Named her Vulcan and grinded her up to level 39 like the rest of my team, and evolved her into a Magmortar soon after.

Team:
Spoiler:

Polaris the Serious Empoleon
Level 40
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Brine
-Metal Claw

Jay the Jolly Staraptor
Level 39
-Fly
-Close Comat