View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Nice to see another post on this.

I have played this hack up to the Saren City area. As designed, the little outlet on Route 16 in this version is way too strong for the average Trainer, and I would get a couple of your Pokémon into the teens before even attempting to go there. With that said, once you can capture a couple of the Pokémon there, you have what you really need for the event which I have promised not to spoil with your villain Rival on Route 2.

Also note that after this event, you can't backtrack for a while, so if you plan to continue east of Saren you would be wise to have as many of the Route 16 Pokémon as you can get. I only captured two and carried on to battle; I won, but not being able to head back to Route 2 and having to head to Route 3, where the Pokémon difficulty goes up by about 10 levels...I called it quits for the beta. LMAO

I know Diego is working on this hack now, and I'm sure this is something that will change. It was my biggest complaint as far as I am in the hack, though I did hear of the large number of forest trainers.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.