View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:33 AM
hinkage
Obv not if the morning than me

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
The values shown in that picture are extracted directly from the game, so yes, they match many of the RSE ones.

As for real map editing, Gen IV maps (and the same goes for Gen V) aren't made up of 2D data in a 3D plane. Each map is a true 3D model, composed of vertices and triangles. That's why they are difficult to edit: because we need a full 3D modeller.

However, this tool already supports importing/exporting of models in the native Nintendo DS models. There's a way to create them from 3ds studio max, but it involves official Nintendo plugins, and I can't post links to them (it's like posting a rom). But I will make a tutorial on them soon.

Also, I've started working on another tool. I can't say anything about it because I want it to be a surprise, but I'll only say one thing: it's gonna be HUGE :D
Really? Then WHY DID THEY DESIGN IT TO LOOK LIKE TILES? -_- Game Freak, pls.

I know of a tool called BrawlBox which allows viewing/editing of 3D models in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (it's designed almost exactly like A-Map too), so it's not at all impossible to do it for Pokemon. Your program is great to even be able to edit models so easily, but if you could do something like BBox, I think that would really get people into 4th gen hacking.