View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:13 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180
From the way it sounds, it seems like your game is hitting a loop or a road block when trying to display either the surfing Wailmer sprite or you in surfing mode, which the emulator handles by restarting. Are you using JPAN's engine? If it does, I'd make sure you're avoiding using variables 0x4054 to 0x4059, which are responsible for hero switching, and have given me problems when I use them.
Thanks for helping, redriders180! I am indeed using JPAN's engine, but not in its entirety, just specific hacks applied with the hack applier. One of those hacks is the overworld switching one, and I have it written in my notes that I set it to use variables 0x4054 to 0x4059. But I haven't used any of those variables in my game thus far.... What should I do? Would removing the overworld hack from my game (if possible) help?

Thanks again for the help!

edit: I just applied the overworld hack in the same manner as I did on my other rom, then tried to surf, and the game restarted! So this confirms that the problem lies in this hack.

Last edited by shinyabsol1; August 28th, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: more info