Thread: [Gen V] Hail team help
View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusknoirZac View Post
Okay, I fixed it. I added their EVs, and Tentacruel learned Scald. But I forgot about Abomasnow, I'll do that later. I dont have b2/w2 so I have no way of teaching Kyurem those moves.

I thought about Mamoswine, but I would have to teach him TM stealth rock on 4th Gen, but I can't do that. So I decided not to do that for now. Also, same deal with Scizor and Superpower, it's a tutor move on 4th gen (I believe). But Walrein is so good! You Toxic, then take small damage. Use Substitute, and if you lose it, who cares? You have Ice Body and Leftovers. After one protect, he's completely healed from substitute. If he still has his substitute, use blizzard. It's 100% accurate in hail.
It could be better to wait till the games are released before implementing the B2/W2 changes.

Also, Stealth Rock is one of Mamoswine's B2/W2 tutors. The same applies to Superpower for Scizor.

And speaking of Scizor, its power isn't running at its fullest. The ideal spread to use here is 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe; that way, it has more power and bulk to be effective.

The EV spread that would be ideal for Walrein would be 232 HP/220 Def/36 Spe; that way, it has an easier time taking physical hits and outrunning 0 Speed neutral base 70s.

Also, making Tentacruel's EV spread 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe lets it outrun Adamant Breloom.

If Chandelure's Hidden Power type is Fighting, it's the better option over Energy Ball over Psychic because it hits Tyranitar, Hydreigon and Heatran hard.