View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2012 (07:33 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Okay, couple questions come to mind.

1. Will Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, etc. be in this anywhere, or would their characters be recast, if they show up at all? BECAUSE THEY SHOULD TOTALLY BE IN IT

2. Will Avengers 2 get pushed back because he's writing/directing/etc. this new series?

1. No, I shouldn't think so, not as regular cast members. As Nuke said, they're all big-time film stars, not TV stars. S.H.I.E.L.D (God, that's a tiring word to type) would be a huge organisation, so you could probably do a show without even needing to mention the name Nick Fury. Though I'm very excited because I see lots of potential for guest appearances by Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and especially Cobie Smulders!

They couldn't recast them either, because I'm thinking it'd have to try and keep some semblance of continuity with the movie franchise.

2. No, the release date for The Avengers 2 has already been set at May 1st, 2015. As Joss put it himself in this interview:

Quote originally posted by The Greatest Man Alive:
What’s great is that the deal with Marvel is nonspecific, so I will give all I can, but the moment I can’t, I just walk away. The moment I say, “You know, I’d like to help more on this project, but I need this time for The Avengers,” there’s no obligation. It’s not like, “You must spend this amount of time on this movie.” It’s as much as it needs to be.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat