View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
If you think Thunder tentacruel is legit, i want more then. maybe surfing onix? (from a onix conditioned to swim in water?) or flamethrower electabuzz? (super charge the air or something).
Disregarding the first two statements (because he definitely understands breeding), under what conditions would a Onix learn surf? It'd die by drowning or be killed by the water's inhabitants. What's more, Onix don't live near bodies of water, from a geographical standpoint. Sure, it'd work if it were a one-of-a-kind pokemon like Surfing Pikachu with some sort of reason for its gaining the attack. Electebuzz would be the same case, there's not really much you could do with fire to make it learn it unless, say, it were a one-of-a-kind pokemon. The reason a Tentacruel learning Thunder works is because you could have concentrated electrically charged water in an area where Tentacruel are inhabitants (there are a number of causes), and as time went on they adapted to the electricity to be able to survive in the more concentrated areas.

...Granted, all of that is just me and my limited creativity, and that's not to say there couldn't be a Surfing Onix or Flamethrowing Electebuzz, I just don't see many situations where they would learn those moves (naturally, that is).