View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2012 (11:51 AM). Edited August 31st, 2012 by wolf.
awooo
ModeratorBSCS

I haven't made an announcement because the tiers and ladder don't work. And because the ladder doesn't work, registering won't either (PS requires one to have a rated battle before registering). For some reason, whenever one tries to play in a tier that doesn't allow "illegal Pokémon" (assuming it means unreleased stuff) like OU, it states that all Pokémon are illegal and thus banned. I've been trying to find a fix to the problem, but I really have no idea what's causing it. I tried making my own server to figure it out, but I'm having too many issues with that. My last resort was asking in Smogon's PS forum, and I think I'll do just that. Still, the tier "Hackmons" allows illegal Pokémon and can be used for now (doesn't have team preview though). Anyway, yeah it's just "http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/" with "~~home.brokenrevolution.com" at the end. For convenience, here's a short URL: tinyurl.com/pcbattleserver

I'm planning to make an announcement with a list of all the changes made to CBC including the PS server, but I've been holding out until the server is working properly.

Quote originally posted by Vrai:
Also, this is a little nit-picky but you might want to change 'aesoft' where it's listed in the guides & help thread to 'Zarel', which is what his Smogon username is now.
Yeah I knew about that, but I wasn't sure whether to change it because his website still says "aeosoft."

Quote originally posted by krazzikk:
I was thinking we should make userbars/banners to promote CBC and find new people who are interested. Nica said she didn't think it would be effective enough to bother, but I want a second opinion
Could work. It might not change anything until we do some stuff to improve activity (see: get the battle server working), so people actually have a reason to stay and be active.