View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

Oh wait this thread is STILL ALIVE.

I have some kinda mixed thoughts on BBT. Don't get me wrong, I do find it hilarious, mostly the really geeky jokes and Sheldon has to be one of my favourite personalities in any show anywhere. But what I don't like so much is when I feel it does any one of two main things which annoy me - either a) dumb down the jokes for the mass audience, saying stuff that a decently educated 14 year old could understand, or b) remove the whole charm and quirk of the show by trying to make it Friends-esque. And by that I mean a sort of standard comedy with a group of friends and a couple of girls. Don't get me wrong, it can still be funny in that case, but I don't really think it's what makes BBT great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
I liked it before it was cool
I don't believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman3007
I love it! Needs more anime references though
You think so? I'd say that nerdy doesn't really imply liking anime at all, and honestly despite what I said a moment ago about dumbing things down, I think adding anime references would only make sense for a very small audience. A good number of the people who usually get everything would be left scratching their heads and yeah... idk if I'd like that haha.