Thread: [Gen V] RMT: So Stall Me Maybe <3
View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2012 (12:35 PM).
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
This is actually a good team so here's a rate.

This team looks like it has an extremely hard time with Volt Turn, your only real decent switchin to Rotom-W is Dragonite, and he's Stealth Rock weak, a smart opponent could easily take one turn to set up SR and then lure in Dnite with Rotom-W, making it substantially easier for them to win the match. Aside from that, your only special walls are Heatran and Dragonite, both of which aren't all that reliable; Dragonite as I cited earlier is weak to Stealth Rock and is only like 100/85 on the specially defensive side which is just sort of decent, despite Multiscale and all. Heatran is cool because it beats most sun teams if yo uplay smart with it, but it still loses to a lot of special attackers that can hit it super-effectively, Alakazam, Latios w/ Surf, Reuniclus, etc. To remedy all this I'm going to say Specially Defensive Gastrodon>Jellicent. While you lose your spinblock, it's not a huge deal, as this team won't have too hard a time beating stall even without its own spinblock, since every ghost loses to toxic spikes/toxic if you can manage to inflict them with it, plus, if you want to do even better vs other jellicent, you can move Stealth Rock to Heatran [which has a lot more opportunities to set it up] and put Volt Switch on Forretress. Then I'd try a CM Roar Latias over your Dragonite, it can set up on and beat Reuniclus [and other CMers] and CM/Work Up Virizion, both of which could cause this team some trouble against a smart opponent, plus CM Roar Latias is a lot bulkier and doesn't have an SR weakness, you do lose paralysis support, but it conflicts with T-Spikes anyways.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
Trait: Storm Drain
-Earthquake [better than Earth power since it htis Heatran, Terrakion, CM Rachi harder]
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252
Timid Nature
Trait: Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Roost/Recover
-Roar