View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossk749 View Post
Well the reason I can't use legendaries is because of the crowd I play with. They don't go by tiers, they go by "legendary or not" which is unfortunate, because I do have an understanding of the tiers.

Reading the comments above, I think I might go with Roserade for my lead, as it sounds interesting and I haven't had experience with it yet. For the Roserade, is it preferred to get Toxic Spikes over Spikes, or just Spikes? I normally prefer the Toxic Spikes, but that has always been a personal preference.

Also, I like the idea of an Eelektross with it's levitate ability, so I was thinking of a set like this:

Eelektross @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Wild Charge
-Dragon Tail
-Drain Punch/Brick Break
-Crunch/Fire Punch?

The last slot I'm not sure, but I think this could work well for a physical Eelektross. My reasoning for suggesting 252 HP EVs is because of it's base 50 speed, so as long as it's going last, it needs to endure hits.

However, I could also go for a special attacking Eelektross and give it Life Orb/Choice Specs.

Eelektross @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot/Giga Drain

I think that this set would work as well, but I think that the physical set would do better for my team, especially with the Dragon Tail. The EVs are the same in both sets for the reason mentioned above, although I'm not sure that's even the best route to go. Also, having Eelektross as a physical attacker would sort of even out what I have now (Roserade/Milotic being specially offensive, Arcanine/Eelektross being physically offensive)
I've been using physical Eelektross on the ladder over the last few days, and Coil has been amazing (so Wild Charge/Dragon Tail/Drain Punch/Coil), by the time the opponent realises what you're doing you actually have a few boosts up and generally enough needed to attack any opponent. tbh you don't even really need Wild Charge that much if you have just Drain Punch/Dragon Tail with Coil, but ya. So yeah, kind of recommending you to go with Coil there. n_n

As for Roserade, it kinda depends on whether your opponent has a poison type or not. Spikes generally depends on whether they have Rapid Spin, which isn't something every team has, whereas in a general overall play, poison types aren't that unlikely, so I'd probably go for Spikes instead.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka