View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!
Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
should i just give up hacking?

Last edited by passarbye; September 4th, 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: To include more information