View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012 (6:28 PM).
Crazy and Loving It!
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to PsychoJigglypuff
Chapter 2 - Route 102

Shortly after entering the route, Becky was suddenly faced with a confrontation.

"Your Poochyena ate my lunch!"

"Liar! My little Poochy would never do such a thing!"

There were two kids, around ten years old, who were quarreling near the route's entrance. One was a boy, holding an empty lunch box. The other was a girl, holding a Poochyena in her arms. Neither looked like they would stop any time soon. Becky decided to step in.

"Alright, what seems to be the problem here?" She stepped towards them, trying to mediate the fight.

The boy spoke up first. "Julie's Poochyena just ate my lunch! I saw it!"

"No, he did not!" The girl protested. "Tom's just making things up again!" Her Poochyena barked in agreement.

"Are you sure it was her Poochyena?" She questioned Tom. "You could have seen a wild one instead."

"No, it was definitely Poochy! It had the stupid pink collar and everything!"

"It's not stupid, it's cute!"

"It is stupid!"

"You're stupid!"

"Shut up, both of you!" Becky snapped. The two were silent, intimidated by her sudden rage. She noticed this, and tried to regain her composure. "Look, is this really such a big deal? I have some food in my bag, so if you're hungry you can have some of that, okay?" Tom stared at his feet and mumbled.

"And you," She turned to Julie. "Are you completely sure your Poochy didn't do it? Can you say so with absolute certainty?" Julie looked down at her Poochyena. "W-Well, not really. For a little while, I wasn't paying attention to her. But it was such a short time! And she's an angel, there's no way she could do that..." Her Poochyena whined, looking guilty.

Becky sighed. "Look, nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes, even Poochy. So let's stop all of this silly fighting. Cheer up, okay? How about a Pokemon battle? Those are fun."

"But I don't have any Pokemon..." Tom frowned.

"Hey lady, can I challenge you?" Julie asked. "You're a trainer, right?"

"Sure, of course you can." She smiled. "You've probably had Poochy longer than I've had mine though."

"I'm not that good at battling though. Momma thinks it's not proper for a young lady."

"So what?" Becky scoffed. "You don't have to be proper. Just do what you want to do. Why should you let her decide what's right for you? I never listened to my mother, and I think I turned out just fine." She smiled, feeling proud of herself. "Anyways, this'll be good battle practice for the both of us! I've never fought another trainer before."

Julie seemed excited. "Okay! Let's do it!" Poochy leaped out of her arms, barking in agreement.

"Well, I can see she's ready to go." Becky giggled. She pulled out a sandwich from her backpack and tossed it to Tom. "Here, have this. I was saving it for later, but I can just get something in Petalburg. Hope you like PB&J!" He smiled. "Thanks, lady! You're cool."

"Please, call me Becky!" She took out a Poke Ball. "Now let's go, Bayou!" The Mudkip emerged from the ball with his signature goofy grin. "I'll let you go first, Julie."

"Alright! Poochy use Tackle!" The Poochyena barked and ran straight into Bayou. He fell over from the attack, but got back up ready to go. "Use Water Gun, Bayou!" Becky called. He squirted a bunch of water right at Poochy's face. She shook it off easily.

"Hmm, try using Sand-Attack!" Julie said. Poochy turned around and kicked up the dirt into Bayou's face. He coughed and had a hard time seeing. "Get her back with a Mud Slap!" He did the same thing and tossed dirt at Poochy's face as well. Now both Pokemon had trouble seeing.

"That's no good! Use Tackle on him!" The Poochyena charged towards where she thought he was, but ended up tripping over a rock. "Here's our chance, use Water Gun!" Bayou shot water at Poochy, but it ended up going over her and hitting a tree. This was obviously getting nowhere fast. It was time for a new plan.

"Hey Julie, you wouldn't happen to have an umbrella, do you?" Becky asked hopefully. She just look confused. "No, why would I? It's a sunny day today." Becky glanced around the route. "Well, you probably want to hide under that tree over there. You too, Tom. Just trust me."

Once everyone was situated underneath a tree, Becky called out to her Pokemon. "Okay Bayou, you can use Rain Dance now!" He smiled and began to hop around like he usually did. Almost instantly, storm clouds began to gather over the battlefield, and began pouring rain. The rain water washed out the dirt from the Pokemon's eyes, and they were in prime condition to fight again.

"Alright! Now Poochy, use Bite!" Poochy chomped on Bayou's tail fin. He began to freak out and run around the field, with Poochy staying clamped on his tail. "Shake her off, shake her off!" Becky shouted. Eventually, after much flailing, he managed to get her off his tail. "Great! Now use your Water Gun!" Tired, but still fighting, Bayou shot a powerful blast of water that directly hit Poochy. It was too much for her, and she fell over fainted.

As quickly as it arrived, the rain soon let up, allowing the people to emerge from their shelter under the trees. "You did great, Bayou." Becky congratulated him. "Time for a good rest." He returned back to his Poke Ball. Julie picked up the fainted Poochyena. "You did good too, Poochy." She smiled. "We didn't win, but it was still fun being in a real battle."

Shortly after the battle, they went their separate ways. Tom and Julie walked back to their homes in Petalburg, and Becky stayed in the Route, deciding to do a bit more training, and perhaps even catch another Pokemon. Still, seeing the kids happily on their way home warmed her heart, and put her in a really good mood.