Thread: Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:22 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
In my mind it is. It'll never live up to my expectations because of hardware limitations (and because it's Pokemon, so it's sort of stuck in a formula), really. Besides, people enjoy <insert hated pop star here> but that doesn't make them good. Just sayin.

What I mean by being done with 2D hacking is that I'll be quitting unless I get super motivated one day, or someone finally makes a D/P map viewer/editor (not me tho cuz I'm lazy). I actually wanted to stop since June, but I had promised a release and forced myself to work. I'm not moving on to anything.
As long as you understand what you're doing, it would be possible to recode the whole game into something else. There aren't that large limitations in GBA hardware; you can point anywhere in rom which is for example impossible in GB/C. There is also A LOT more ram to work with. I do know most of the ram is "echoed" but still, there is a plenty of room for adding new stuff in the workable parts of it.

If you wanted to create something very unique, it would only be a matter of knowing how to do so.
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations