View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Should Phione be considerate as one of the Legendary Pokemon?

Tbh, I have never thought of Phione as a Legendary. I always assumed Phione was like a Pokemon where you can only get it at one place and then afterwards be able to breed it, for example like Spiritomb or Larvesta. xD My opinion is Phione should not be considered Legendary because it can breed and so it isn't rare like a Legendary should be.
Correction: Phione can't breed. Manaphy can. Phione is like an offspring to Manaphy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli97 View Post
Exactly! Legendaries have certain features that are not usually seen on normal Pokémon, and since that's how they've always been, it's become pretty much what we expect them to be. I mean, legendaries are typically genderless, so they can't breed, typically strong to around where pseudo-legendaries lies, though this kinda alters, typically pretty big in design, and while some of them may lack a few of these things, (like the Kami trio all being male, and having several legendaries that are relatively small in design, with some of them being pretty strong anyways) Phione just kinda lacks them all lol. So just gives it less of a reason to be a legendary.
Genderless shouldn't mean anything, since other genderless Pokemon such as Magnezone & Starmie can breed with a Ditto, which is what Manaphy needs, a Ditto, to breed a Phione.

Personally, because it can breed from a Manaphy, which is a Legendary Pokemon, it should be special whether or not its breedable. I mean, I don't see any complaints about Lati@s or Heatran, etc being Legendaries because they have genders. What's the difference, really? Yes, Phione's stats may not be any better than the likes of Glalie's and Flygon's, but Manaphy isn't as common as Lugia's or Zekrom's to catch, which mean without the trades, Phione isn't as common either.

Since Phione is an offspring of Manaphy, should Phione know Heart Swap as well?