Thread: Pokemon Slate
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2012 (10:36 AM).
One Truth Prevails
Nature: Relaxed
Originally Posted by KidNova View Post
I'm really liking the story. Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Originally Posted by Fire Flyy View Post
Cool game, Steve, love the starter resprites. Wooper B)
Not a huge fan of the trees, really, but each to his own I guess, they're nice trees but I feel like they don't go all that well with the overworlds. The lab looks a bit spaced out and empty, as well, I feel like you could maybe fix it up a bit by changing the amount of space between the two walls or adding a rug. Other than that, everything looks good, nice overworlds!
Thanks. I'll take all this into consideration, but I'm in the process of revamping so the tile issues won't be a problem afterwards.

Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I'm really liking this! I want to see this develop and become something big! this is a great start though
Thanks! When you see the new graphics you should be able to see the full potential reached in this game.

Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
I like this. Looks very good. Is there a reason for not having a grass starter though? Apart from that, looks good. Nice background btw.
I love Wooper, and I feel like Slugma doesn't get the attention it deserves. I didn't include a grass starter because I didn't find one that I felt fit in with these two, both stat wise and for the game.

Originally Posted by P0kemonMast View Post
Will try it and leave some feed back
Well I don't expect to have a demo anytime soon, but thank you for the support.

Originally Posted by blackevil165 View Post
Sprites look nice man. I can't wait to watch as this develops. I have never worked on a project in a game development, but I have been doing freelance design for 3 years, so if you need help in that department, I would be happy to oblige.
Thanks man, I'll try to get on Skype tonight so we can talk.

I almost forgot to add this, but I won't have any new screenies for a bit while I revamp everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. But to keep you interested, I will be posting some new things to look forward to, such as the new size for battle sprites, as shown by one of my starters:

Instead of 64x64,80x80, or 96x96 I decided to go big. The new size restrictions are 120x120, so I have a lot more room to work with. And as always, if you want to help get in touch any way you can, I'd love to see what you can do!