View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2012 (01:53 PM).
Charizard_Man
Eezy peezy livin' breezy

Nature: Relaxed
Riku Vincent||Gneiss Town
►Episode 1.1: The Few, the Proud...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

”Momma? Momma?”

“She can’t hear you anymore, son.”

”Then unplug her ears! MAKE her hear me!”

”The only thing that’s plugging her ears is death, boy. Ain’t no way you can unplug that.”

“NO!! SHE’S NOT DEAD!!!” The boy threw himself on the ambulance, over the body of his mother.

The warmth she had provided for him was gone. The soft touch of her hand running through his hair had vanished. All that was left was a pale body with empty eyes that stared out at nothing and everything at the same time. Including their former son.

“She’s….somewhere else now, son. I’m sorry, we did everything we could.” The man dressed in the blood stained pale green surgeon's scrubs stood behind him, sixteen hours of surgery weariness etched on his face.

The young six year old sobbed his little green eyes out, his chest heaving. The doctor proceeded to walk over to where another man stood, clean lab coat and glasses covering the puffy eyes that just finished sobbing.

“The piece of metal from the car punctured and inflicted a major wound to her heart. She passed out because of blood loss, and she was still blacked out when she died. She went peacefully.” The doctor continued. The boy could hear what the doctor was telling him father, it didn't make a difference. She was still dead. He walked over to his father and listened to what the doctor had to say.

“The authorities are trying to find the car that hit her, but they haven’t identified them yet. Don’t worry, justice will be served.”

The boy looked up at the doctor, face smeared and blurred with tears as he motioned toward the deceased woman. His deceased mother.

“Justice is a lie.”

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

If there was one thing Riku loved most about his headphones, it was the fact that they could muffle pretty much any and all outside noises - including the screaming voices of shop owners demanding towns people to buy their goods in the market place he was passing through. How anyone could even consider spending their entire life in this kind of rural town void of tall buildings and anything fun, was a mystery to the blonde sixteen-year-old. His bright green eyes glanced out the tinted window of the taxi cab and watched as he traveled rapidly past farm houses and rolling green hills, which the nine o’clock sun gave the illusion of being sparkly.

Riku just rolled into Gneiss Town; about a 45 minute taxi ride from the lonely research facility his grandfather bought outside of town. Once he exited the cab and payed his fee,Riku would head to Gneiss Laboratory - located on the grounds of the once renowned Pokemon HQ according to his grandfather - to pick up his starter Pokémon and whatever other items he would need to start his pokémon journey. The teenage boy had spent the past fifteen years studying and helping his grandfather with his research in a laboratory in Sinnoh– owned and operated by his grandfather – and being the sharp-minded spirit he is, managed to have his grandfather recommend him to receive one of the starters given out today; and this granted him the “privilege” of being driven to Gneiss town. So here he was; in a taxi cab, speeding through this small farm community, on his way to begin his journey, at nine freaking a.m. – oh, joy.

The cab ride eventually came to a halt. Riku walked down the dirt road, the only good thing about this small town was the great photos this landscape would make. He scanned his surroundings for any good photo opportunities, making his way over to the building that he had been told was Gneiss laboratory. He hadn’t managed to get any extra sleep on his cab right, despite it being a near-silent and surprisingly smooth ride, so his face still had a drowsy look to it. The towns people gave him curious looks for they had never seen him before and he was obviously too well dressed to be a new farmer, but Riku didn’t really care. It wasn’t like he was going to see any of their random faces again anytime soon, so why should he care what they thought of him?

The blonde teen entered the lab and took a moment to take in his surroundings. Gneiss lab was noticeably larger than his grandfather’s but both had similar scientific equipment in them. Overall, it looked like your average Pokémon Laboratory, but with one significant difference: it was messy beyond belief, random paper work was scattered carelessly on the table tops everywhere. Riku found himself staring in disbelief until joined by a man with a slight hunch as he trudged over to him, he assumed the bare footed man to be the Professor here.

“Quiet impressive isn’t it?” The man suddenly spoke, not taking his eyes from the messy lab before them. Riku nodded his head in reply, not removing his eyes either. “I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I've looked at this and told myself 'I'm going to clean' and then never do...” he added, his slow monotonous voice trailing off. After a moment or two of silence, he finally turned to Riku and said with a little sigh to his voice, “But that’s a discussion for another time. I’m Professor Richard, now let me see...blonde hair, green eyes. Riku Vincent, correct?”

Riku turned and nodded, “Yes sir, that's me.”

“Excellent, you’re right on time,” Professor Richard said and he began to walk over to a nearby doorway and motioned for Riku to follow her, which he easily did. “Your grandfather’s told me much about you – said you were one of his brightest students.”

“Student? So that's what he calls me, more like slave,” Riku mumbled.

"Did you say something?"

"I said 'I had a great teacher'." Riku said politely. The professor stopped in his tracks and placed his hand on a table, a tray with equipment lay on the table.

"Excuse me, but the little guy was getting restless so i let him float around." A small cloud tuft was poking behind the professor's head. Riku grabbed the Pokéball off of the machine where it rested and stared as the small purple balloon floated over to him. The tuft was attached to the Pokémon he had chosen, the only one he recognized from the choices available- a small purple balloon with a yellow 'x' for a mouth and small yellow hearts at the end of two strings falling down. In response to Riku's smile, the Drifloon smiled a small bit as well, evident only by his button eyes perking up.

"Hello, there..." He smiled, "I'm Riku, and I'll be your partner from now on. Got it?" He nodded. "We'll make it far together, Russel. It's your name, you remind me of this movie i watched with an old man and a house of balloons. Like it?" He was interrupted by the balloon Pokémon floating into Riku's arms and rubbing the top of its head into Riku's chin.

"I'll take that as a yes." He stood up, newly christened Russel still firmly attached to him as he clipped the Pokéball onto his hip. No need to put him back just yet, and he seemed to like the boy a lot, so that was fine.

"... and these," continued the Professor with that same monotonous voice, "Are two items I ordered specifically for the batch of trainers today, although this set, of course, were coloured specifically for you. I had to ask your grandfather for your favorite color, unfortunately we didn't have that color but I picked the closest thing. Turquoise, here you go." One arm still wrapped around the little, warm life that was cosying up to him, Riku took the device and flipped it open. "You know what this is, don't you?" Of course he did. It was a turquoise colored PDA, with a flashing Welcome screen displaying his name proudly, it then switched onto the next screen- Seen: 01, Caught: 01.

"Thank you, for... for him, Professor," smiled Riku. "If you don't mind, can I ask a favor?" The professor simply nodded his head slightly before Riku called over one of the Aides running around. Handing over his camera, he inched closer to the Professor and smiled as Russsel floated under his chin yet again.

With a quick snap, the picture was taken. And his journey began...

► TO BE CONTINUED . . .