Thread: [Add-ons] The All Animations Project
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman409 View Post
I dunno. I apologize in advance if it was my fault. Anyways...

No, by all means. We need to get our hands on as many attack tile sets and sound files as we can get.

Here is another thread that we may get attack animation resources from:

www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287962&highlight=essentials+attack+animations

From what I've read, this thread belonged to a group that worked on attack animations much as we do. They finished the attack animations for the moves Pkmn.master gave us the tile-sets for, and still had some attacks that were in progress, such as:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

Pkmn.master, since you worked with them, do you know whether or not we could get any resources or hands from them?

One last point. I like the idea of using the Youtube video with the audio for all attacks. Does anyone know how what file size,format, etc the sound files need to be? Because I got a good sound editing program on my mac. Anyone else got anything useful?
Well, this thread looks relatively new, and I didn't work with its owner, they just mentioned me in their credits for graphic modifications. I'm sure that the user would work with us as well. As for the file formats, When I rip that video's sound, I just use Audacity (but just about any program with desktop recording would work). Just a standard .wav format must be used. I have ripped two or three, but I would do more as well. I am gaining much progress on my game and I am making maps for someone else, so I might not be quick on work, but this project has my attention and I'd like to provide some assistance. I can start ripping and naming those move sounds, and if a ripper who could get us those animation graphics would show, I would put some of those raws into RMXP format. I would also compile a few animations, just not as much as I would work with gathering the resources. A quick note, for anyone who compiles the animations, you should obviously know that you mustn't make the animation without first having the sound file for that animation, or at least knowing what it sounds like (since the animation must go along with the sound).

Although I would work