Thread: [Tool] JackHack96's Tool Factory
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012 (06:14 AM).
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Hi everybody !
I've released the first beta version of DS Text Editor! Now you can download it from my website and try it! It's still in development, so stay tuned!
For now, it can load the text and edit it, just the essential.

Instruction:
For use it, you need Nitro Explorer (if you haven't got it, you can download it from my website). If you are trying to edit text of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, go to msgdata folder, and extract msg.narc. If you want to hack Heart Gold or Soul Silver text, go to a/0/2 folder, and then extract the 7 file somewhere. Rename it to [whateveryouwant].narc (it's not important how do you call it, it's important its extension, which must be .narc).
With DS Text Editor open the file and edit. Remember messages are still "in a strange language". You can edit it and also you can add messages. Then you save it, and with Nitro Explorer you reinsert it. And you've finished!

REMEMBER THIS: AFTER YOU EDIT TEXT, IT'S BETTER NOT TO USE THE OLD PROGRAMS WHICH PokeSpam, thethethethe AND Horus MADE IN 2008 OR MY PROGRAMS, BECAUSE THEY EDIT THE NDS FILE DIRECTLY. WITH TEXT EDITING, OFFSETS CAN CHANGE! SO THESE PROGRAMS AREN'T GOOD. MY NEXT RELEASE OF EVERY PROGRAM WILL ACT ON NARC FILES. FOR NOW, IF YOU WANT TO USE THESE PROGRAMS, USE THEM BEFORE USING DS TEXT EDITOR. I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY for any data loss and blablabla...

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.