View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:10 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
I feel like this should be stickied in ROM Hacking, not in Hacks Showcase. Since, you know, the Map Rating thread is there.
We chose to sticky the thread here because it was more consistent with previous threads than for any other reason. Map of the Month threads were posted in the Showcase and keeping every monthly thread in the same forum is preferable to changing around the location. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have MotQ in ROM Hacking, but moving it because Rating/ Review is there isn't as appealing as keeping a nice consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I think the idea is that the maps that will get voted on are mostly in these hacks, but I also see your point. Perhaps an announcement in ROM hacking linking here?

Cyclone
In previous mapping competitions (MotM, Get Togethers etc) the majority of maps entered were made specifically for the contest rather than entering maps from already established games. An announcement wouldn't really be necessary considering the closeness of the forums and how hacking members aren't known for exclusively belonging to specific sub-forums within Emulation.

Thanks for your suggestions Darth and Cyclone :)