View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2012 (08:20 AM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'm on my mac now... I'm pretty sure I have more plugins than these on my desktop but I'm too lazy to set that up. :/ Maybe I'll reply another time with those:
  • Ad Block Plus
    I use this all the time but in the last few days it's broken for me so I'm seeing ads where I never used to. And I think I'm gonna leave it broken. I've been having sort of an internal dilemma over it for the last year. Remember that a lot of online content is free and the only way it can be provided free-of-charge is through ad revenue. Especially things like Youtube--I can't imagine regular content like that is easy to make... if I can't watch a 10 second commercial before a half-hour LP, I don't feel like I have the right to watch it at all. :c Most sites I visit on a regular basis have some sort of donate-to-get-rid-of-ads feature and I'll usually take part in that. I'd prefer to do that than block ads. All I'll probably use this for in the future is to block specific images--like sometimes people have really creepy signatures so I'll block that URL from appearing on my page. :D Or if a background image is absolutely horrid with the foreground, I'll block the image.
  • Always Ask
    For some reason, despite using it for 8 months now, I quite often his cmd+Q instead of cmd+W when closing tabs. Firefox would always close completely no matter how many tabs I had open and that was so, SO frustrating. This was the only fix that worked and it just prompts me whether I really want to fully quit Firefox every time I try.
  • Greasemonkey
    I only have one userscript installed and it's specific to my university's CS testing grounds. But I generally like the idea of userscripts anyway.
  • Lazarus: Form Recovery
    Since the mac is horrible for any kind of text editing and I do a hell of a lot of typing online, I had to get something like this. On many other forums, cmd+left will act as a back button and I used to lose posts ALL THE TIME. I blame this entirely on my mac because it doesn't have a dedicated home button so this is the only method I have of selecting text to the beginning of the line. <_< This pretty much saves me lots of pain and heartbreak. Not bad for when a page times out, either.
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite
    Makes Reddit so much better to browse. Not much else to say here, haha.
  • Tab Mix Plus
    I honestly cannot live without being able to change the style of tabs that haven't been opened yet, have been updated since I last checked, etc. It's the main reason I can't switch to Chrome--I haven't found an equivalent extension.