Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestium
View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012 (12:00 PM). Edited September 13th, 2012 by Cabe.
Cabe

Nature: Jolly
Alignment: This is amazing! The story is spectacular and i love the whole Emon concept (most of all, because they're fakemon and not just overpowered pokemon). Also, the Oak Woods almost made my cry (lol), it's a perfect match between nostalgia and innovation. It's also great that you decided to redo the maps, it gives a reallistic touch that changes the whole game experience a lot.

On the adopting & meeting people on the same mission: fascinated about both.

On the day/night thing... i believe it could be really interesting if you use this in a different way like making night last longer (under the excuse of Tyes casting its shadow over the land or something) and give it some sort of effect (for instance: status problems may heal while walking during the night because of some spore that a tyes/tyesnian/don'tknowhowtosayit plants throw when it's dark). I don't know a thing about scripting, so maybe i'm asking too much I got really into the story and i just want to share my ideas.

On the "father" thing... i agree that if you get to meet him, it should be something significant. Maybe everyone thought he was dead but instead he had been gone to a desolate and incomunicated part of Kanto to learn about/battle against some particular Emon (plural). Maybe every person that knew where he was was dead and therefore everyone just asumed he was too. Maybe the fact that certain people were killed made him unable to come back. Maybe you get to rescue him near the end and he holds the key to "put an end to the crisis". Maybe maybe maybe...

I haven't read every post, so i can't say much more. For example, i'd like to try the beta before making any adopting suggestions. Still, if you need a beta tester, count on me. Maybe after beta testing i'll be able to say much more, since i'd really like to give some ideas if needed.

Cabe

Oh! here's my trainer:
Trainer Name: (Cameraman) Anton
Before Battle: Let's shoot an epic battle!
Defeat: Well... we did.
After Battle: I shoot everything. It is necesary with everything that is happening.

(english is not my first language, correct if necesary and forgive my mistakes).