View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2012 (8:24 AM). Edited September 15th, 2012 by RaulCortez.
The Emblem of Fire
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RaulCortez
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
It's not a job at all. It's not just an unpaid job, it's not a job. If you want me to treat every member like they're paying me to moderate their threads, then go ahead and PM me and I'll give you a Paypal email and you can give me a few bucks to do so.

While we are required to not flame or be overly controversial on the forums, our job is to moderate threads. There's no requirement to be pleasant 100% of the time as long as the section is moderated and the threads are taken care of. I'm sorry if you feel that part of a moderator's job is to treat members like they pay you no matter how members treat you, but that's not how PC sees it and you're welcome to not return if you feel that it's not how you want things to be run. We have thousands of active members that find our atmosphere pleasant, so I doubt it will be changed anytime soon.

While being pleasant is an obvious plus, it happens that moderators aren't pleasant. You're much better off taking a "moderators are people and I should be understanding of them having emotions like people do" approach then a "I feel like I should control how moderators act, in my position as member with less than 100 posts and tenuous grasp on how PC works" approach.

Look, i was just giving my feedback as a member, and i said in the very first paragraph of the forum that while i didn't participated as much as i wanted on the forums, i still saw some situations that weren't good for the community. And i pointed them out.

I made a thread about issues i saw on the forum, including both moderators and members. I never started a "Let's flame moderators" thread, or something on that line. Neither i did a "Let's say how much i understand moderators and accept they treat me like they're doing me a favor everytime they reply to me" I just stated two things i saw they could be pointed out to make the community a better place.

And i use the term job loosely, not as an actual job. just as a task you do in a place you're supposed to do it.

Now, you're basically telling me "This is how PC works. Moderators aren't supposed to be nice, people like it that way, if you like it then, if you don't then leave." good way to treat people who's trying to help by pointing things out.

I never said that it was how i wanted things to run, it was just advice and feedback. And as a user i think i can give feedback to make the community a better place. If you, or anyone else here take things personal, it's really none of my business.

And yes, a moderator is someone who moderates, not a babysitter or a mother, but if your attitude as a moderator isn't one that makes users feel comfortable to ask questions, but rather scared of asking because of a rude reply or a comment that will make them feel dumb, then what's the point of it at all.

now let me just write it again

This is not a thread to flame moderators. It is not a thread to flame moderators.

I stated clearly "Some" moderators, not all of them. There are very nice moderators here. If a moderator in particular feels offended with this, that's up to them. And i included both mods and users on that.