View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012 (03:08 AM). Edited September 20th, 2012 by PokeAwesome94.
Ace Pokémon Trainer

Quote originally posted by AresTheAwesome:
And also to the OP, you forgot to Mention "Tentacool and Tentacruel" banned because of the September 11th crisis was brought to mind by the pokemon destroying the city.
I didn't forget it, I left out Tentacool and Tentacruel and The Tower of Terror by purpose because while they were banned after 9/11 they were brought back once everyone's feelings had cooled down a bit.

Episode 19 - Tentacool & Tentacruel
"After the events of September 11, this episode was taken out of rotation. In the months following the attack, Kids' WB! refused to air it due to the destruction of several buildings (particularly Tentacruel smashing a skyscraper) and the use of machine guns. When Cartoon Network started to air Pokémon, the episode was put back into rotation. It is also on the VHS "Seaside Pikachu" and the Indigo DVD boxset." - Bulbapedia

Episode 23 - The Tower of Terror
This episode was temporarily banned after September 11. The official reason has never been confirmed, but many believe that the episode's title may have had something to do with it. The episode is no longer banned and continues to air.
- Bulbapedia

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
A few of the episodes were banned by the US government so those of us in the US will never see those banned episodes in the US as no place can sell them. Most noted ones are the christmas one with Jynx just cause she's black and the Safari Zone one where the warden pulls a shot gun on Ash.
It is also speculated that it was also banned because of Meowth's Hitlerish moustache:
Spoiler:

Actually there were only revolvers involved as far as I know. I guess you saw the second picture and drew the conclusion that it was a shot gun.
Spoiler:

However there are other Pokémon episodes featuring guns that aren't banned:

PokéCommunity thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282195

Copy this to your signature and repost it on social networks if you support the creation of the anime shown in the BW2 trailer!
Started by PokeAwesome94.

If you are a fan of the Pokémon Adventures manga you're going to love it.
If you haven't read the Pokémon Adventures manga, you should try it and you're probably going to love the video anyway.