View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012 (4:19 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier
Nature: Quirky
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
articuno has the best design imo
BUT WHAT ABOUT IT'S HUGE CREEPY BEARD ;; I do love Articuno's design, but I feel the beard really ruins it. I don't have a clue why they thought to include that, but it really isn't flattering for the poor bird xD

Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
My first Ice-type caught was a Spheal back in Pokemon Ruby. I since evolved her into a Walrein and she's now resting in the PC to this day.
Ohh wow, didn't you like any of the Gen I/II Ice types? :o Spheal is an amazing cute ball of blubber and I'm not surprised you'd want to catch one, especially based on how good Walrein can be in battle, but I'm surprised none of the earlier Ice types took your fancy? Where's the love for Dewgong! ;;

Originally Posted by vlay View Post
Hmmm maybe my first Ice pokemon is Sneasel in Pokemon Crystal. Because in Generation 2 type Dark and Ice is Special move so I stored Sneasel in Box :(
This was a huge shame wasn't it? I was so excited to use Sneasel when I first saw it until I found out about it's horrible stats for a Dark/Ice typing :( What was the first Ice Pokémon that you used on a team? :D

As for me, I use countless Ice types so it's hard to remember, but I'm almost certain my first was Dewgong. When I went through Seafoam Islands for the first time and came across Seel I instantly fell in love and replaced my Blastoise for it (also at the time I was really upset at how ugly Squirtle became when it evolved so not a hard choice :p) but yeah, I've always had a huge soft spot for Seel/Dewgong as a result. It's not a Pokémon I talk about often 'cos it's not really fitting for me, but I love using Dewgong when I get the chance and it's one of my favourite Pokémon :3 It's so bulky and strong with really tricky moves like Rest/Toxic/Sheer Cold so it makes a perfect in-game Pokémon against 90% of opponents. The only problem is that it doesn't do so well in competitive battling with moves like Sheer Cold being banned and everything having Rock/Fighting attacks, but that doesn't stop me using it :D