Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

At the moment I need two main things: an idea of how things should look, and an idea of how things should work. The two are related, of course; one design for a Library screen will mean it should work in one way, while a different design will require it to work in a different way.

I need direction, a guide to what people want it to be like. Is the way the GBC game works suitable, or maybe a different approach inspired by Yu-Gi-Oh! or something? My only reference is the GBC game, which is obviously old stuff, and I want to know if there's a better way to go about it.

I don't want to waste a whole load of time making a questionnaire about as many facets of the game as I can think of, not least because I'll miss parts, and half of it will be technical. I just need to know what it should end up like, so that I know what I'm aiming for. I need a design document, which means I need to make a lot of decisions about how the game will work.

If you have any opinions about how any aspect of the game should be (card-acquiring, Library, deck-building, duels, AI, defining opponents, etc.), please let me know.