View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:34 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
At the moment I need two main things: an idea of how things should look, and an idea of how things should work. The two are related, of course; one design for a Library screen will mean it should work in one way, while a different design will require it to work in a different way.

I need direction, a guide to what people want it to be like. Is the way the GBC game works suitable, or maybe a different approach inspired by Yu-Gi-Oh! or something? My only reference is the GBC game, which is obviously old stuff, and I want to know if there's a better way to go about it.

I don't want to waste a whole load of time making a questionnaire about as many facets of the game as I can think of, not least because I'll miss parts, and half of it will be technical. I just need to know what it should end up like, so that I know what I'm aiming for. I need a design document, which means I need to make a lot of decisions about how the game will work.

If you have any opinions about how any aspect of the game should be (card-acquiring, Library, deck-building, duels, AI, defining opponents, etc.), please let me know.
Maruno, I think the old GBC game worked well enough, BUT there is a japan-only TCG game for the DS. Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1_nqYeBU40

If we do it using the mouse it will be very easy to mimic the mechanics shown in the video. Graphics wise, we should go for the regular 4th gen style I guess... We are already used to it and it's pretty easy to edit etc.