View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012 (01:00 PM). Edited September 22nd, 2012 by Cyclone.
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Well, completed the first Gym. Being a mapper, I took screenshots all the way through (and have of every area so far). About to embark on Route 404 with my Running Shoes, which I now know come from the guy who blocks the way (Mom? ). Here's a map of the first Gym.

Spoiler:

What I find interesting about this, and notable, are the beehives scattered about hanging on the trees. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I realized these honeypots trigger battles with Wild Combee (Lv.8-10 is the general range, I believe). Almost like a built-in way to train against one of the exact Pokémon held by the three junior trainers, and kinda cool actually. The thing that I find interesting is that each hive does not disappear after battles, like I would have expected. Could there have been fewer? Perhaps, but I still think it's a neat idea.

I also noticed you get a preview of the Leader's (Jessica) highest-level Pokémon, the Lv.22 Vespiquen, before you commence battle. Again, a bit different, and takes advantage of the big platforms that Gym Leaders usually stand on.

I had a nice team of birds, firemen, and the occasional lightning rod. Therefore, I was able to get through here in splendid fashion.

EDIT: Well, that euphoria didn't last long.

As you can see, first I'm hanging out at the top of the tree instead of walking behind it; quickest I've ever climbed a tree. If you try walking behind it, you go over the tiles instead of behind. The second shot next to the tree is related to the four grass patches in the top row next to it; going south, you walk on top of the first patch before going through it in the lower rows. Going north, you seem to still go through it at least going into the top row, or left/right in the row. Just a minor graphical glitch.

I'm also secretly wishing the Moomoo Milk house featured an NPC to rest your Pokémon since Gold is dead ahead on the path...but that's me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.