View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012 (1:55 PM).
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I think you all are over-estimating the factor of fear on the side of the students though. There are plenty of children that grew up knowing a gun was in their house without having fear every time they stepped into their house. I doubt this would inspire much fear in students in general, if it settled in as a law. Within a few years the kids going into school would know to expect it and not be afraid of the idea.
But I think you're generalizing here quite a bit. Sure, there's always the exception, or those group of kids that grew up within the vicinity of guns, but one thing to take into consideration is whether or not that, even in their own home, whether some kids would ultimately feel comfortable with the idea that there's a firearm in there somewhere, and all it would take is for someone to have a really bad day for something really bad to happen.

While that is a separate topic, I wanted to get more in-depth on how long-term exposure doesn't always mean emotional tolerance towards something. Just because you've been around something for a long period of time, doesn't mean it still doesn't have some sort of negative impact on you whenever you're exposed to it. I'd imagine that the same would apply towards weapons in class.

Sorry if what I'm saying doesn't make much sense. @___@;