Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Nice GDD for a minigame option in a engine. This is almost a profissinal one! A profissinal Design Document generally have more description (even more detailed) and diagrams. But for a draft this is excellent (excluding the lack of duel info). You're skilled at it, I can't believe that is your first time!

I agree with almost all items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design Document
Should Stadium/Support cards be completely separate types of cards, or variants of Trainer cards? The real TCG has flop-flopped over this matter.
I vote for Stadium/Support cards as separate types, but will be the same in some effects (just like real TCG). The real TCG can't edit the old cards.

Quote:
Subtype – The card’s subtype. Optional.
I suggest you to make this a string array defined in card rather that several subtypes defined in scripts.

Quote:
HP – The HP of this card, divided by 10.
I suggest you to use the actual number and only allow 10 multiples. I predict people having problems with this.

Quote:
There will not be a card shop.
Maybe in future?

Quote:
Duels will be possible using 3 or 6 Prize Cards (short or long).
Disagree. Put a number option (1-6) for more convenience

Quote:
Likely to have multiple pages, like the GBC game has
Disagree, Probably Isn't possible to put all in one page, so put two with the second page a continuation from the first one.

Quote:
The prize will be a list of one or more booster packs (usually one). This is the only possible form that the prize can take.
Put also a money/coins/card points option from buying boosters or cards.

Quote:
A Pokédex for cards. Effectively nothing more than a differently-arranged Library; used only for seeing completion percentages.
I prefer this as a mode for Library.

About the game board I prefer the Game Boy TCG one rather that the actual board. Try to mix some options and display the moves and Poké-power in the main duel screen (at least without the effect or even only the names). Try to display also the weakness, resistance and retreat cost.

Instead of Hand, Attack, Check, Pkmn Power, Retreat and Done, I suggest you to use Hand, Action (with Attack and Done options) and Board (with Pkmn Power and Retreat options).

I prefer that you use the pokémon card artwork rather that the entire card.