View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu2000 View Post
The packed bone command start after polygon definition. There's a preliminary table that contain start offset, size, header size, flag (0x10 for each entry table).
Then there's packed bone command (each polygon usually start with 0x40 (BEGIN_VTXS)). There are a sequence of 4 command id, then there's parameters for each command, then other 4 command id, then the parameters and so on. The polygon usually end with 0x41 (END_VTXS).
I hope I give you the right answer!
Oh yes, I also forgot to mention that I was trying to convert the map data from B2/W2 (which is the same as B/W).

I'm not sure if I did it correctly, 'cause there isn't any BDHC in the BW map files. So I stopped at the area before where it has many 00 bytes and some 80 and 81 bytes, I wonder if that area is the movement permissions area? 'Cause it doesn't have any 40 or 41 bytes in that area.

But I did try to open up the BMD0 data that I extracted in NSBMD.exe, but it appeared and disappeared quickly when I dragged it to the program.

Nevermind, I managed on my own. The bytes for the BMD0 end at where the "0x20" bytes are, just right before (what I think is) the movement permissions.

I'll see what I can do with this model now, time to convert it into a compatible format using 3dvia Printscreen. A new program I discovered on some Mario Kart DS hacking forum.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; September 22nd, 2012 at 08:42 PM.