Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

In the deck card count make like (example): if you have 3 Rattata cards, you can put 3 in a deck, 1 in other, 3 in even other, etc... in the same time, but without way to put 4 in one deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I know how to define the various card properties (I just need to know which ones are needed). Trust me, it's better my way.
I am thinking about the user side. If a dev wish to create a new subtypes, he just make something like: "Subtype=Super, Hyper", rather than putting a internal name and adding in scripts.

Quote:
Card shops are, to say the least, difficult when there's no currency (which is about the first thing I stated). The GBC game managed without money, and it's not something I'm going to worry about. This also applies to your comment about alternatives to booster prizes - I did consider cash alternatives, but decided against it (because that's not how the GBC game rolls, it doesn't feel right/appropriate to me, and it deters save-scumming for better booster pack contents).
Most of the TCG games use a current, so the dev that will use this kit probably will use this, and isn't hard to make. Don't put this is like a fight against the current.

Quote:
I understand that duels are only done with either 3 or 6 Prize cards, which is why I wrote that. 1 is rather unfair as there's too much chance involved in the early game, and any other number seems random.
The Game Boy game has this option and isn't hard to do. Like you say: you are making a feature in a dev kit, not one actual game.