View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2012 (03:57 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
When I was younger, the first Pokemon game for me to play through was Gold. The first one I actually played was Blue, and the first I actually owned was Yellow, but Gold was the first for me to catch a Pokemon in, to go on an adventure. And I loved it. For years and years and years, I played through it again and again, and it never got old. It's still not old for me, to this day.

In my opinion, HeartGold/SoulSilver were perfect remakes. They just.. knew exactly what they were doing, took all the good aspects from the originals, and mixed them with the great aspects of newer Pokemon games, such as the way the Running Shoes were given, the way the battle with Lance was actually a double battle, and so on. The way they brought a Legendary storyline into play was also very nice- back in GSC, they made it totally optional to capture the Legendary Pokemon, whereas in HGSS, while they take that option away, it was still.. better, somehow.

The increased level curve in Kanto, the addition of older Legendaries, the GB Player, the Battle Frontier.. it not only had a brilliant nostalgia factor, but it had massive playability. I mean I've yet to win properly at the Battle Frontier, so technically I've NOT finished HeartGold yet. It's just.. awesome. Awesome awesome. :D

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.