View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Madara

Quote originally posted by voicerocker:
But why must Gen 5 contain Gen 3 remakes? Everyone assumes they WILL happen next and that they HAVE to be the next games. They aren't 100% necessary. We can move on to Gen 6 without them.

The 3DS has been out for a year and a half. The big titles need to move onto the system. The longer they wait to move onto the 3DS, the fewer titles they can release for that platform.

Which is why Gen 3 remakes could always be saved for Gen 6. Why must they come next, and on the DS?

Gen 3 released its final game before the DS was released. (unless you count Gale of Darkness) Gen 4 released its final game before the 3DS was even announced. The 3DS will be over 2 years old in February. This time next year, it will be 2.5 years old. Nintendo is probably already planning the successor to the 3DS, so they have to do something. They can't just keep waiting. And considering The Pokemon Company got the development kits for it first, it is very odd that they have yet to move the main series to the 3DS yet.

Again, yet must it be the DS? Why must it come BEFORE Gen 6? Can we not have Gen 5 without remakes? I see nothing wrong with Gen 6 coming and THEN Gen 3 remakes, if we get them at all.

They would rush it to sell more consoles. That's where they make their money. Think about it: Would Nintendo rather someone buy 2 $35 Pokemon games on a DS they've owned for years, or would they want them to buy the $170 console as well? Nintendo knows that the Pokemon main series is very popular, which is why they'd want to use it to make money off of its consoles. A main series Pokemon game on the 3DS would surely increase sales of the 3DS.

And the 3DS XL has already been released, which is another sign they really should move to the 3DS already.

If Gen 6 on the 3DS comes in 2014, the 3DS will be over 3 years old. That would be a terrible decision to make. It's refusing to accept advances in technology, which usually gets you left behind. Game Freak has a chance to upgrade their games, but refusing to do so will hurt them.

Common sense says that releasing games on a dead system is a bad idea. There's a reason why Game Boy games are no longer made.

Game Freak wanted to release Gen 5 before the 3DS. That's fine and makes sense for that release period. But now, the 3DS has been out for a year and a half. By the time the next game (whatever it is) comes out, the 3DS will be 2 years old. That's plenty of time to sell units. They really have no reason to not release the next games on the 3DS.

Well my friend i must say you raise many good issues.

Well first off all of my arguments are based on the idea that the remakes would be part of gen 5. I was also under the impression that every one here thought the same. You were right to call me out on that. The fact is that by assuming it would be in gen 5 I was really limiting the ideas that could take place.

And for that matter YOUR RIGHT. The remakes doesnt have to be on gen 5. And if they are on gen 6 well than by all means they need to be on the 3ds.

Second your right again. A main game on the 3ds will increase 3ds sales. Thats exactly what will eventually happen.
My friend it would appear your not understanding where im coming from. Yes the Nintendo company COULD ( keyword) make more money in 2013 with the combined sales of 3ds and 3ds main pokemon games. But like in many interviews GF have stated that they want to put a main game out on the system that has the most units out there, so everyone can play. They even put out a special 3ds only feature in the form of AR searcher for those who went out and purchased a 3ds. If the remakes come out in gen 5( and as you so wisely pointed out they may not-in which case my point is mute) they could easily include special features only available on the 3ds.

now please dont take the following all caps to mean im yelling, i just want it to stand out
IN TERMS OF RELEASING A MAIN POKEMON GAME
ON A NEXT GEN SYSTEM AND THAT SAID GAME
PROMOTING HIGHER UNIT SALES , YOU ONLY HAVE
ONE SHOT. NOW ASK YOURSELVES WOULD YOU WANT
TO WASTE THAT CHANCE ON A REMAKE? OR ON A BRAND
NEW GENERATION? ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL IT WOULD COST
IS ONE MORE YEAR...............
My friend regardless of when a pokemon game comes out on the 3ds Nintendo will make it rain lol the question is whether it be in 2013 or 2014

And also your argument that Game Freak will get left behind if it doesn't act fast is mute. If they miss a chance to develop a game on the 3ds they will do it on the next gen platform.

In fact pokemon games could be use for not only promoting sales( life) of new platforms, it can also be use to extend the life of previous platforms. WHILE MAKING NINTENDO TONS OF MONEY.
Lets face it when it come to video games POKEMON IS THE SAGE OF THE SIXTH PATHS LOL

Game Freak's philosophy, as stated on their website, is "To give the people of the world enjoyment, fun and discovery by continuously creating games of superior quality. And to encourage bravery, hope, kindness, dreams and an adventurous spirit.
And if a superior quality of game means the remakes be on the ds wouldn't you want Game Freak to do it?