View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2012 (11:29 PM).
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote originally posted by voicerocker:
What is there to suggest that Arceus isn't what they say it is? No, I don't believe the Pokedex entries are 100% fact, but I don't think they are completely fictional either. More than likely, it is a combination of both, which is where the mystery comes in.

Dialga can control time, as its legend states, though it may not be time itself.
Palkia can warp space, though it doesn't regulate by simply existing.
Giratina resides in the Distortion World, which is "the world on the other side of ours" that was described. Though the Distortion World was not destroyed when Giratina was captured or defeated.

The Sinnoh Dragons' legends (for the most part) are true. They each possess the powers they were said to possess, as far as control of time, space and such. But why is it nothing about Arceus should be considered valid? Arceus has been shown to create these dragons. Not to mention everything about Arceus suggests it was created by Game Freak specifically to play the role of the "first Pokemon" and to basically be god-like, without actually being a god.
I always assumed it is like the Hoenn legends.
Those can clearly cause drought/heavy rainfall, making it seem like the land/sea is rising. This ability alone would have been enough for ancient witnesses to come up with their legend of creating Hoenn.
Yet they seem more like rampaging beasts when awakened, instead of sentient superior beings.

Same for the dimension trio. People who saw them manipulate even more amazing aspects of reality, or perhaps simply emerge from another dimension, somehow figured Dialga and Palkia created Sinnohs halves that are divided by Mt.Coronet.
Now imagine what witnessing Arceus' creation of one of these would do..
With Platinum and Giratina, there is one piece of dialogue thats interesting to this. Cyrus expects the Torn world to crubmle, as he thinks of Giratina as its ruler/creator, once you defeat/catch it, he is then surprised and disappointed when nothing happens.

But lets consider the most amazing thing we have seen Arceus do.
If the Shinto ruins are canon, Arceus can create new dimension legends at will.
However, it requires hundreds of Unown to achieve this....
Personally I think of that as a kind of legendary equivalent of breeding. Where casual pokemon require an opposite gender partner, Arceus requires hundreds of Unown.