View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote originally posted by voicerocker:
I think that people only want remakes next because it "follows the pattern", which has been broken with B2W2. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to revisit Hoenn, or any game if they choose to remake them. Whether they are DS or 3DS games won't matter to me. I got a 3DS last Christmas (which I love) but even if I hadn't, I was planning on buying one myself eventually.

The thing I see is that people seem to think the 3DS is no different than the DSi or DSLite, in that it is just another "Super DS" when it isn't. Some people are outright saying they will NEVER buy a 3DS and some think that Nintendo will eventually give up on promoting the 3DS and just return to the DS. That isn't going to happen and I can't figure out why some people think it could. I understand that people don't want to pay $170 for a handheld, but that didn't stop people from buying a PS3 when they were $400 and $500.

That means GF doesn't believe the 3DS will sell, even with the release of a 3DS Pokemon game. Like I said earlier, it makes sense that Gen 5 would be on the DS since the 3DS had yet to be released. But now, the 3DS has had time to show off what it can do. Things like the Pokedex 3D Pro and the Dream Radar are great ideas that I think they will get some people to buy a 3DS just for those, but a true main series will be the big attraction.

Even with special features, if it's on the DS in 2013, that's still gonna send the message to people that they don't need a 3DS, which isn't gonna make Nintendo happy. Nintendo MIGHT be fine with it if it were going to be released in 2012, but I don't seem them supporting any new DS games after 2012 is over.

Obviously, the 3DS debut for the main series will be Gen 6. It wouldn't make sense for a remake to come first, then totally new Pokemon, moves and other things that would immediately make the Gen 3 remakes old news.

As for when, I still think 2013 will have a main series game. 2011 didn't have one, so we shouldn't expect them to skip 2013 especially since B2W2 were released in June. In 2014, the 3DS will be 3 years old. I can't see them waiting that long to make the jump.

They could, but if people won't buy a 3DS, why would they buy what replaces it? The key is to encourage people to upgrade. If they can't do that, they'll go out of business. Or Nintendo might actually consider cutting ties with Game Freak if GF decides they'd rather keep waiting to make a game that they all know will sell.

Nintendo doesn't want to extend the life of previous platforms. That's why some of the GameCube's popular games were remade to play on with the Wii's controls, like Pikmin. To be honest, I still don't own a PS3. One reason is that there are few PS3 games that interest me, but I was also able to buy several games that were available on both the PS2 and PS3, and some on the Xbox 360, so I didn't need to buy one to play the games I wanted. Yes, Nintendo will still make money, but they'll want to take the option that makes their newest platform look good and makes them more money.

It depends on what exactly "superior quality" would be. In terms of the platform itself, the 3DS is far superior to the DS, including the extra featuers like the Dream Radar and the Therian Formes. With the 3DS being the much better system in terms of technology, the better choice would be to go with it. The only thing good about keeping it on the DS is to keep people from needing to buy a 3DS to play it. If they want to keep Pokemon on the DS just because more people have a DS than a 3DS, then why have they jumped from the Game Boy to the GBC, from that to the GBA, and that to the DS? More people had the previous platforms than the new ones in all those cases, but that didn't stop them.
Again my friend you make very very good points.

I'm actually glad you brought up that people think the 3Ds is some super DS. And with this I'm totally with you. By not having main games on the 3ds Game Freak is missing out on all the amazing wireless features on the 3Ds, which frankly when I first heard about it I imediatlly thought the 3DS was made for Pokemon.

And I also love the point you made by saying if there not released on the 3DS it kinda gives the impression that GF doesn't believe in the 3DS ability to sell , it was brilliant. And I 100% agree with that GF will have to do something to get people to buy the 3DS and a main game would absolutely do that, your right on the money with that and I couldn't agree with you more.
But if I may, couldn't you see them holding out on putting the remakes on the 3ds as actually them having faith in the 3ds sales? What I mean to say is that they can realize that the 3ds will sell at an incredible rate it just needs more time. And also maybe they can make pokemon games more HD like and more artistic details now that the 3DS xl is out( since the screen is much bigger ) now I could not be making sense since I'm not sure if screen size and graphics plAy a part together. So by the they do come out with a 3DS main game , it wouldn't have the pressure of carrying a platform just induceing sales via people who are major pokemon fans , or special edition 3DS xl with the new games.

And the point you made with the remakes not being on gen 5 but rather on gen 6 is again correct. We are just assuming that it will based on some pattern. So if it is for Gen 6 then my point is mute.

And as for superior quality game, your right when you say that on a techinecal or mechanical basis the 3Ds would make a superior quality game. But I was talking about in a sense of fun and that what kind of game would be available for the most people to play. And if you look at it from that standpoint which I think GF is doing you can't argue with the fact that more people will be able to play the gen 5 hoen remakes if they were on the DS rather than the 3DS.

And I'm with you GF needs a main game on the 3DS and as soon as possible or this can repeat and we could have gen 6 and 7 on the same platform , not to mention the fact that they are missing out on all the epicness the 3ds offers.

It's just my belief that if the remakes will be part of gen5 they will come out the DS for the same reason BW 2 did. SO THAT THE MOST AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GET TO PLAY IT WITHOUT HAVING TO UPGRADE THERE SYSTEM JUST TO FINISH THIS GENERATION( again this isn't yelling I just wanted it to stand out lol)
But again if GF thinks that putting the gen 5 Hoenn remakes on the 3DS will make a truly superior quality game then BRING IT ON. I've been playing pokemon since Red so I have complete confidence that GF knows what they are doing.