Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:52 PM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I'm pretty sure we'd just need the one image per card (the largest one), since the game can resize it where necessary.
if the quality is acceptable this would save me some work...
so should i send you the first sets (size: 276x380)?

Quote:
I don't know if even the Library needs sorting methods. Can't it just act like the Bag, where you can sort it yourself, and new cards are added to the bottom? Besides, I don't know what sorting method would be best.

If having too many cards becomes a serious general concern, I may add a "Trunk" option to the PC, where you can dump cards you don't use. However, it's not something I'm going to bother with now.
at the beginning its not needed because the first 3 sets have together like 200 cards...
but each set adds about 100 cards so a sorting system is essential after you have reached like 1000 cards...
imo the most important sorting method is alphabetical but there are some more points which can be used to sort the cards like hp, atk, type, rarity and so on...

Quote:
I'm still not convinced.
well i dont know what else i can tell you about the "seen" option to convince you expect the points i told you in my other post...
how about hearing the opinions of other users?
imo its important to know which cards can be found in which booster but if its just me that thinks this way i will remove the "seen" option without regrets...

Quote:
The card numbers should appear next to each card, in place of the ball symbol (which isn't needed if we're not using a "seen" option).

There shouldn't be any scrolling left/right to change sets here. The sets will be listed in another screen first (like the list of Regional Dexes in Essentials).

I'm also not sure about using BW graphics.
i knew i forgot something (index numbers)! xD
i will add them to the next version...
but i dont know if i should remove the ball symbol which marks the cards as "seen"...
is it ok for you if i move it to a different position where it can be removed easily until some more people tell us their opinion about the "seen" option?

removing the arrows is an easy task...
should i give this screen where the sets are listed a try too?
i can already see it before me!

well i used the BW style because its easy to work with ad the results look good...
i wanted to replace them with a more unique style after some more progress is done...
if you want i can change the style with the next version but it would take a lot of time where i could work for other important stuff like info or library screen...
imo we should stick with the BW graphics until we have a concept for some more screen (library, card info, deck construction and the set screen mentioned above) but well its not my decision...

Quote:
I've attached my very poor attempt at a Library screen, just so you have an idea of what I was thinking of. If you have a better layout, go for it. You'll certainly have better graphics.
this is realy helpfull!
an idea i had right after seeing your screen it that the icons on the top can be made to dropdown boxes where you can add sorting methods!
for example a dropdown box for the set, one for the cardtype, one for the first letter of the card (which is a way of sorting alphabetical), one box with numbers for hp, one to check if the card has pokepower/body and so on...
this way you can find exactly the card you look for...
there is still some time until i start with the library screen so think about it and add all the stuff you want there...