Thread: Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012 (04:49 PM).
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

I'm going to continue to update this, if people want.

Additionally, if anyone has played up until Dead Island, you may have noticed a special cave that leads to faraway places. In the future, that will be important, hopefully.

Rant:
Spoiler:
Hyetology had its ups and downs mostly because I really didn't want to continue. But I had made a promise to finish, so I did. I had a lot lot of good ideas at the beginning, but as time went on I think I tried too hard to make the "perfect" story. I also tried to take a naturally darker game and force it to be light-hearted. That was dumb of me.
I'm still very much interested in 3D games, and would rather do those, but I have no idea (and honestly, no desire to learn) how to do all the nitty-gritty hacking gen IV and V currently require. I love game design, and even tried taking Java but it just wasn't for me (also my teacher was ****, gave me an A and we never did anything). I guess for now I have to wait until one of the awesome hackers like Spiky, etc., makes a completely user-friendly tool for me :P.
I mean, I have knowledge of everything basic, like textures, polygons, some scripting, and collisions for 3D games... Though nothing more, and I don't have time now.

^What is this I don't even... Major tangent.