Thread: [Essentials script] Pokémon TCG mod
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:52 AM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
As I said, we should wait until we have decent designs for the screens, because we can't know what size card graphics we'll need until then.
ok...
just thought that the cards could be useful when scripting stuff...
after all they are the max. size the current screen can show so having them would be useful i thought...

Quote:
Remember that the contents of each set will (probably) be divided up into many Library pockets (one per Pokémon element, Trainers, Energy). It'll be quite a while before you start losing cards.

Alphabetical sorting is fair enough, as is by card type (Basic/Stage 1/Baby/etc.). I think I'm just about able to manage that - remember that I do have to code all this, and I don't want to give myself a harder time than necessary.

I see the Card Dex as more of a checklist than of a way of learning where cards can be found. In the real world, you don't keep a track which which cards you know exist, do you? Other CCG-based games don't. If you want to know the contents of a set, you can use the Internet. Plus, there's the joy of opening a booster pack and discovering what lies within (new cards will be marked as such, so you at least know if you gained anything new).
i have to apologize!
i just realized that the features i mentioned are nice and all but they are a pain to script right?
i will remove the "seen" marks from the card dex screen...
that the new cards are marked as "new" should be enough!
and the sorting system is unnecessary if its possible for you to make the filters you mentioned...

Quote:
The screen listing the sets would be nice to have too; I imagine it looks pretty much the same as the Card Dex. Each set should list its completion next to it. Sets for which the player has no cards will not be shown at all, like empty Regional Dexes in Essentials. There's no need to display an overall completion value. You may want to put each set's icon next to it to liven things up; I haven't decided either way.
should the completion value shown in percent?
it would definitely look better and save some space...

Quote:
I think a better way would be to open a menu with the Z key (like it used to in the Pokédex), and this menu would list several sorting methods to use. Again, deciding which methods should exist is the key. That is, if there will be multiple sorting methods at all.

I think what you are describing are filters (i.e. hide cards which don't match the criteria), but I'm not sure I'd be able to do that.
yeah i meant filters!
they are much better then just sorting the cards...
hope you will find a way to add this feature...

filters are often used in TCG video games like "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011" to sort your cards in your library and find the one you want to have in your deck...
here is a screen:
Spoiler:

i thought we could do the library something like this...
not as complicated but the structure should look similar...
of course we have to implement the top ds screen (where the card image is) to the bottom one...
maybe make it pop up if you click a button?